How Often Should I Visit My Dentist?
Your Aiea, HI, dentist, Dr. Gale Marana, is here to help. Visiting your dentist on a regular basis is a must. She checks for damage caused by decay, or trauma, to repair your teeth and provide advice.
Your doctor recommends you:
- Brush your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day, at least, while holding the brush at a 40-degree angle to clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Floss at least once before bed will remove food debris.
- Receive fluoride treatment may also prevent issues like gum disease and tooth decay.
- Use fluoride-containing products like toothpaste and mouthwash, or drinking fluoride-containing water helps repair teeth.
- Avoid tobacco, smoking, and drinking too much coffee and tea.
- Get professional dental cleanings and checkups every six months to remove hardened plaque that's accumulated on teeth and around gums.
You'll need to visit your Aiea doctor if you need a dental procedure as well. Here are a few:
Crowns: A dental crown is a porcelain cap that covers cracks, dents, and chips in teeth. A dental crown also preserves the integrity of what remains of your natural tooth, especially if a filling is slightly dislodged and needs reinforcement.
Bridges: Bridges are custom-made oral appliances that can conceal dental gaps, and help restore proper bite and chewing functions. There are different types of bridges: Fixed partial dentures, or removable bridges.
Fillings and Dental Bonding: Your Aiea dentist applies an etching solution to the surface of your tooth to prepare for composite, then applies composite resin that matches the color of your teeth and molds it into the right shape. The last step consists of applying a curing light to harden the composite.
Veneers: They are strong thin coverings made of porcelain that go over the surface of your teeth to repair large chips and cracks.
For more information on what your dentist can provide you with, you should contact your Aiea, HI, today! Seeing your doctor regularly and maintaining a healthy dental regimen will provide longer lasting oral health.